I have seen at church this AM that even though I do not understand a word of the songs or the sermon or what anyone says to me.....one thing is always understood down here. "Hola" said with a hug and a smile seems to be the "universal language" and understood by all of us regardless of our nationality. :) It has been another full day here. We started with a church service with many coming from all around the neighborhood. I did not understand a word of the sermon nor the songs....but I managed to feel God's presence just the same. We then played with the kids after worship until lunch was ready. The ladies fixed us chicken, rice, and potatoe salad that was much like ours only hot. There is rice of course with every meal.....but it is good.....not soggy like mine. I then sat out in the sun in my shorts and soaked up some rays as I journaled and read a book mom gave me months ago and I finally have time to read it. :) I really feel for all of my friends back in WV and Ohio who I understand are getting snow and cold temps today. :( I feel your pain as I sit here by a palm tree reading with a nice breeze blowing by. With a little imagination I would think I was next to the ocean....but I do not see any water! Very dry season here right now. After Karen was done with her shift with the kids, Anita, Karen and I went to a fair in a small town nearby.....it was packed. I took some pictures. One of them with this post is just me going through customs! Always exciting for me! One is of Anita sitting in a hammock that she nearly fell out of. Others of of the palm tree I sat beside and got a bit burnt and some of the Fair at the town nearby that we went to. Horses, cars, and people everywhere! I tried a food there that was cabbage, ketchup and mustard over some kind of chips.....it was OK. Not sure what it was called. I will try anything once though. Karen is off tomorrow, so we are going into Tagus to do some shopping and get some groceries in. Tonight we all played a game of Mexican dominoes....it was fun but a long game....I even won! :) I am just enjoying finally getting some time to relax and get away from the cold temps at this point. Hope all of you are well and be careful in the snow. Connie, I am sure with the snow...this is going to be tougher with the animal farm....I am sorry! Lisa...take care of the nice little doggie you have! :)
Adoption Day
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment