I have spent most of the evening tonight packing for the trip to Honduras. It is hard for me to pack all my clothes, things we are taking for the orphans and Karen and Dorian and keep all this under 50 pounds. :) But I think I have accomplished it. We are taking off for Columbus tomorrow eve and will spend tomorrow night with Lisa and then up early for a 6AM flight Saturday Morning. Every time I fly I cannot help but think of an older dear friend who passed away recently. She always had us pray the "Betty Yerke prayer" before she flew and that prayer was that God would take the plane up when it was to go up and down when it was suppose to go down. We are looking forward to hugging the necks of Karen and Dorian and I am sure Dorian is looking forward to teasing me about my fluent spanish! (Hey....this nurse took Latin in HS!!! ) We hope to help paint, build a house, work with the kids and maybe even get some R&R in while we are there. I am taking some books and hope to continue reading some and do some journaling. I am looking forward to getting away from the snow and ice for a time and seeing more of Honduras and its people. If the internet remains up in Honduras, than hopefully I will be able to keep you all posted on what is happening there. Hope you all have an awesome w/e and God continues to bless you!
No comments:
Post a Comment