Today was a bit more leasurely day here in Honduras. We walked the children to a park nearby and spent about 2 hours with them there. Monica, one of the mentally challenged children, clung to me all morning...and I think that may say something about me.....not sure! LOL :) It was a great 2 hours with them though. Then we came home and I ate my second meal at the orphange.....a cabbage dish over rice that was really very good. I do not like cabbage....but this was spiced up enough you could not even tell it was there. Last night I did some no bake cookies for all of us and we have been nibbling on them. As I said I may be the first to gain weight here. I have been reading alot and just thinking alot while I am here also. I was reading a book the other day that quoted the scripture from Jeremiah, "For I know well the plans I have for you...plans for your welfare not for woe, plans to give you a future full of HOPE." How often I forget that God knows what is in store for me each and every day. He knows the number of hairs on my head and is always there....I need only BELIEVE that and trust that he will guide me through ANYTHING!!!! Then I thought of the Hondurans we encountered yesterday and how difficult and maybe impossible it must be for them to feel any HOPE for the future or to even believe that there is a God that loves them. This is why I admire soooo much the work that Karen and Dorian, the Tendal's, and all connected to this work here, are doing. I see the sacrifice they have made and continue to make on a daily basis. They are seeing many results from their work already.....one tiny "starfish" at a time...but the seeds are being planted and God will surely provide the growth here. Without them showing God's love through their examples and sharing the "FRUITS" that God has blessed them with.....few here would ever hear of God's love. It is soooooo apparent just here in the orphange how much love these children crave!!! Many here have never known or felt loved until here. Please keep this ministry in your prayers. This afternoon I read some more and called Connie Kaufman to see how things were going in the snow and ice. They were without electric until I called and she said our house was without until about 11PM last eve. So all is well I guess on the homefront. :) God is good! :) After Karen got off work we then went to Janet Hines house where Karen and Dorian were married. Alot of changes since last year and a very nice place. :) Karen is now fixing dinner...fahitas I think. :) I am going to post pictures of today. The little girl holding the pine needles is Monica who clings to me. This "nest" was her baby (a rock) that she carried all the way back to the orphanage....a 1/2 mile or so. :) I had to pick it up a few times. :) The rest of the pics are just some of the kids playing and Pamela with her crutches. I redressed and cleaned her heel today.....basically what the plastic surgeon did was place more padding on the heel and removed the metal that was causing so much pain. So far the healing process seems to be going well. "Tia" Sharon also went down the slide with the kids once and I think Anita will sell the video to the highest bidder to raise funds for the orphanage!! :) Hope you all are thawing out some up North. I am burned again from playing in the park! :) I am sure you all are sympathizing with me! LOL :) Have a great day! It is nearly Friday! :)
Adoption Day
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment