Sunday, August 23, 2009

GOD IS GOOD :)

Just arrived home from a LONG trip to Arkansas in the past two days. We took Anita's son, Brian, back to college for his senior year. Brian Grubbs can do this trip in a 24 hour period...but not this lady! I was up at 5:30 Am Friday and we left here Friday afternoon about 6PM. We arrived at Harding University in Ak. at 6:30 Am our time....so not bad time....but I found no matter how tired I am....I cannot sleep too well in the car. :( We hit a detour on I64 between Charleston and Huntington....must have been a terrible accident...cars stopped for hours....I am glad we got off on a detour! Then outside of Nashville, we saw another terrible accident, around 2AM. :( I just took a moment and thanked God it was not us! The stars and clear sky were just fantastic Friday night! I seldom take the time to gaze into the late night sky...but Friday night gave me lots of time to just look up through the sun roof and gaze at God's own fireworks! From the comments on facebook....they were more beautiful than the fireworks at the P-burg homecoming....because I truly enjoyed the sight! Gave me time to pray for our safety on this trip also...as I gazed! There seemed to be sooo much traffic all night long! I was surprised...should people not be sleeping at those hours??? I bought some "go-go juice" to drink and it did help somewhat for a few hours...but by 2 PM Saturday afternoon as we hit Bowling Green, Ky. on the way home...we decided to give it up and settle in for the day. Anita and I both have a touch of the brochitis and colds that are going around and it seemed best to get some rest. So...We filled our bellies, showered and hit the bed at 5:30 PM!!!! I woke up at 4:30 Am....Anita was able to sleep a bit longer...then we headed on down the road to home.....a little more alert than the last time we had driven. :) I had placed the jeep in the garage Friday AM to get an oil change before we left and have them check a "knocking" in the steering column. It turned out to be the tie rod that was bad and they replaced it! I am soooo glad I had it checked out! I had one of those rods break on me years ago doing 20MPH and I WOULD NOT want one to break on me doing 70 MPH!!! So...again..thankyou God! The jeep did just fine on the trip. So....all in all it was a good w/e. Tiring....but we made it and tonight I am grateful for the safety God provided us with and the quiet moments I had to enjoy the beauty of his sky. Also, glad this is Brian's senior year at Harding and pray it is a great one for him! Hard to believe he is a senior in college this year!!! Time flies! So...thank you God for a safe w/e of travel and for HOME! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment