I am a bit under the weather today with the "crud" as I choose to call it, and did not go to "worship" this AM. Instead I am sitting at home reading and doing my own solitude type of worship to God. Have we ever wondered why God insists that we worship him? Another book I read in Honduras touched on this and I will share with you what that author shared in the book. We are asked to worship God not because God's ego needs us to, but because without worship, our experience and enjoyment of God are not complete. We worship God not because he needs it, but because we do. I need to worship because without it I forget that I have a mighty God beside me and I live in fear. I need to worship because without it I can forget his calling and begin to live in a spirit of preoccupation. I need to worship because without it I lose a sense of wonder and gratitude and plod through life with blinders on. I need to worship because my natural tendency is toward self-reliance and stubborn independence. In worship we declare that God is real. In worship our perception of reality is changed and sharpened. In worship I remember that reality is more than what I can see and touch. In worship I acknowledge that I look at a shrunken God on a regular basis, and worship reminds me to magnify him....because he is a Mighty God! So.....yes I NEED to worship my mighty God because being of this human species he created, I can sooooo quickly forget that he is there beside me each step of the way! So.....no matter where you are today....take some time and "worship" our God....because we NEED to!
No comments:
Post a Comment