Thursday, May 14, 2009

BLESSINGS IN OUR ADVERSITIES!!! :)

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One
> day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the
> butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its
> body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making
> any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far
> as it could, and it could go no further. So the man decided
> to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and
> snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly
> then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small,
> shriveled wings. The man continued to watch the butterfly
> because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would
> enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which
> would contract in time. Neither happened! In fact, the
> butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a
> swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.
> What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand
> was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required
> for the butterfly to get through
> the tiny opening were God’s way of forcing fluid from the
> body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be
> ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the
> cocoon.
>
> Sometimes
> struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If God
> allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it
> would cripple us.
>
> I asked for
> strength: and God gave me difficulties to make me
> strong.
>
> I asked for
> wisdom: and God gave me problems to solve.
>
> I asked for
> prosperity and God gave me brain and brawn to
> work.
>
> I asked for
> courage and God gave me danger to overcome.
>
> I asked for
> favors and God gave me opportunities.
>
> I received nothing I wanted: I received everything I
> needed!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment